Saturday 7 July 2012

Life can be so exciting even when it rains........

Yes! it was raining again yesterday.................. sometimes heavy, sometimes not at all, but mostly just dripping down.
We weren't too bothered beacause we were expecting an engineer as a silly man at AOL phoned to see how much he could save us on line rental ........... silly man! ............... I did not abuse him, just told him the service was rubbish and we only stayed with it in order to keep the email address.  The most apologetic man offered to send an engineer out to us to sort out our problem.   So, sometime between 09.00hrs and 12.00hrs an engineer would appear.

11.55hrs a very nice man appeared and at about 15.00hrs decided we needed a new router!!  Bingo! That's what I have been saying for I don't know how many years  .......... but what do I know!  Hopefully we will not keep losing our internet connection now and may have a greater speed, which doesn't really bother me - I just want to be on here instead of wasting time waiting for a connection.

IN THE MEANTIME:
J from the History Forum had contacted me and we were having a discussion about the photos of Moseley PO.  He is a volunteer for Moseley Exchange and sent through this link as the building is no longer a PO or a Benefits office but will be used as a sort of Community Centre and sent me this link to see what is happening inside:  http://www.moseleycdt.com/exchange_photo.php


Moseley Post Office outside 

He had picked up on my photos of Grandad posted there and now.......... DH and I go to meet some guys on Monday who want to look at the photos - see my post 14.02.2012.
They hope to enhance and exhibit them on the walls of the refurbished building.  They are as excited as me!!!
I will also take along a few newspaper clippings that I keep in my Grandad's box.  Legend has it that the box is made from the timbers used to support the Manchester Ship Canal, as he worked there before he married.  I am still trying to find out how he could be working in Manchester and then marry a girl in Birmingham!!!

This is the box:

Box open, ready to use - note pen and ink bottle at top.


Paper stored under base


Close up of inscription on lid

Paper clippings


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info