Tuesday 5 May 2015

First visit to the Visitors Garden for 2015

My first visit to the Visitors Garden was interesting, catching up on how it has survived the winter.

At the Signal Box garden there is a lot to repair and sort, the 'wheel' will need trimming once the new growth 'greens' it up again.  


The Lawn is another project .... do we turf or seed?  That is the question.  I will have to wait until the Signal Box is well and truly finished, all the Volunteers gone ......



The Gazanias in the hanging basket has survived the winter, I will empty it out and repot the plants and add a few more.

The sweet pea garden is looking very sad, empty canes, plant remnants still attached!!





The honeysuckle garden is showing hope in that the Delphiniums are shooting through, tiny little bright green shoots - I can't get close enough with my phone to show them off properly.





I am going to replant the square bed, I have some gooseberry bushes but, of course, I won't tell anyone!!



I removed all the plants, Sweet Williams and Polyanthus, in order to re-plant them somewhere else.  

One nice clean and dug planting space.



Some of the Polyanthus were planted in the lavender square.  Another bare batch filled with prettiness - well, it will be when the plants have settled.


I planted some of the Sweet Williams along the base of the fence in the honeysuckle garden, and some of the Polyanthus in the empty spaces round the Buddleia.  
Another pretty-looking-to-be-soon space!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info