Sunday 20 December 2015

A Weekend in Paris

We tootled off across the water again .... we had hoped that I could celebrate my birthday with friends but unfortunately the Scouts were in England but we did manage to visit one set of friends.
We were staying at La Defense again - this time the Christmas Market would be open!  After all that happened in Paris back on 13th November I was prepared for the extra security ... or was I?

We wandered up to the market area to have a quick look round ......

....... we were searched entering every shop and the market itself.  


The soldiers in full battle dress patrolled the area, that I was not prepared for .....

PJ and I discussed why La Defense would be targeted and, apart from it being the commercial area, we think this building alone  .........
British American Tobacco is La Coeur - the heart of La Defense.
We stopped off at the shopping mall for a bite to eat and then set off to see our friends.  
We had decided not to travel by train to Sevres, using the local tram instead.  This meant that we would be arriving in the centre of the town and walking UP to the house.  The train reached the town at the top of the hill and we walked downhill to the house so this would be quite an adventure (again!) given my previous health issues!!!  We decided I would use the walking poles which we had brought in PJ's suitcase - caused lots of fun at customs!!!
Surprisingly I managed the hill climb, arriving early at the house but all was well.  


A cake had been made for me by My Friend, this took me by surprise and I was really touched.

She had also bought a mask of Angelique, which was our mutual interest, which was wonderful.

Being French the wine had to be taken with the cake so off we went ......... when in France and all that ......


We did manage to have our photos taken, well AB and us!!!

The cake was delicious!
I am not a fan of chocolate cake but this was delicious - even the label which was made out of marzipan!

We left not long afterwards and arrived back at the hotel in time to go for dinner.

We caught the Metro up to Porte Maillot to visit a recommended restaurant, which we couldn't find but decided to visit L'Escale, Avenue des Grand Armees.
We had the Lamb with mushroom sauce and it was delicious.  PJ had a Kir which was delicious, so I joined him in a drink.  In fact we had several and then decided to return the next evening!
Altogether a good day had been had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info