Saturday 30 January 2016

New Year - New Room

I have the redecorating of my front Lounge all worked out and, God Willing, with good health, will be sitting in a new room within the week waiting for a new suite!!

Day One


The left side of the chimney breast is now stripped of paper, some of the glue remains as I ran out of 'steam' wiping the wall down after removing the paper.
No matter, I have yet to remove the paper from the right side of the wall ......  the television, router etc.will need to be moved first ..... one man needed round here ..........


By the way - found this written on the wall ..... some crazy people live in this house!!!

'Peter and Christine took down the Gold and Brown and put up the Gold and Red -10 November 2010'

This will have to be updated!!


Here's the new heart - Christine put up the Magnolia 07.01.2016 with love.


The original Couscous is still on the rest of the room, one alcove has test splodges of the various shades of Magnolia ..... Wicker, ice cream, pale bamboo .....

The new paper went up onto the wall like a dream, it has a basket weave texture - sort of - so there is no pattern matching.

The wall paper on the other walls is still in good condition so all that has to be done is the painting.

This was finished by the end of the week.  The furniture moved back in and home was restored.  
Now what room shall I do next?

No decorating has been done while I have been 'acclimatising' to retirement so I have several choices .....  I hope each room will be as easy this!! 

1 comment:

  1. This made me laugh, I have done exactly the same in different houses we have had, not yours though LOL.

    Thanks for the comment on my card, Nope no LMS, pure Steam boys.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info