Thursday 25 February 2016

Spring is springing

The early flowering bushes are starting to show some colour, I do hope they survive the still to-come-cold weather!
I make the children laugh when I say 'I have seen snow at Easter' but I have and I am worrying about these beautiful yellow flowers on the Kerria and the now forming flower buds on the Ribes.  
Another week and the fence will be decorated with yellow and red flowers.

The rhubarb which we removed from the top of the garden seems to like the rather large tub to which it was  transferred, maybe we'll have an early crop - Rhubarb Crumble is a favourite round here!! 



There has been some house inspection carried out by a couple of Blue Tits so we think that the house may be occupied this year - it's about time as it has stood empty for about three years. 


If it is occupied then there is hope for the other empty habitat on the block!!  
This one is vacant, not inspected as far as we know and just hangs there.  
I presume that when the bushes have grown a little more, they were cut back last year, the house will become more attractive ..... I think it is pretty as it is!!!

With the sun shining I am full of expectation that Spring is on its way!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info