Wednesday 2 March 2016

The Tumble Dryer is dead ... Long live the Tumble Dryer!

A long, long time ago, back in the days of yore .....

Well, many years ago ... we think about 18years ago.... I acquired a tumble dryer.  It wasn't wanted, was sitting in the garage of my daughter's new house, totally unloved so I took pity on it and brought it home. 

It has thanked me by being a humble servant working away, drying my washing load after load. 

 When the door fastener broke, PJ 'fixed' it - well, it worked didn't it? 
Yes! for more years....  

Just before Christmas the heating began to 'play up', sometimes it was hot and sometimes it was cold.  I managed to keep it working until last weekend ..... the day I dreaded arrived.

The Tumble Dryer was dead.


Eventually we chose a new one, a smart white one, Indesit, to match the washing machine.

PJ stripped down the dryer to take it away for scrap, so that there was just a space waiting .....

I had washed two loads of clothes ready for when the dryer arrived.  I wanted to try it out to make sure that it works ok... and it does!!! Both loads are dried and put away ...... in less time than my previous one.  
The only danger I can see is that it is so quiet ....... I will forget it has been switched on!!!

Wonder if this machine will still be working in 20 years time ..... I am not holding my breath .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info