Sunday 27 October 2013

Bathroom and Kitchen

I had hoped to be able to show you a nice new fitted out and decorated bathroom but no such luck.
Our bathroom fittings came with the house, circa 1935, so it was time to update ish.
R (our plumber) came to fit the new bath and sink only to realise that we still had lead piping ....... new pipes meant it had to be re arranged for the next week.  We cleared as much as we could from the bathroom, no before photos - sorry.  The bath panel turned out to be a piece of polished concrete - which I always thought was black marble and papered over it!
We lifted the flooring and then cleared and cleaned being left with one old bath and washbasin.
On the day ... the bath was removed....... then the trouble started ...... some of the floorboards were rotten and had to be replaced.......
The new bath and washbasin were fitted and now we wait for a side panel.  We have replaced some of the flooring but the new washbasin is a different shape pedestal so the last piece has to be recut!
The new piping had to be put in through the kitchen so the sink unit had to be moved out.  I took the chance to steam clean the cooker and surrounding walls while R was in the bathroom so I would have clean kitchen walls ready to decorate - I have had the paper for about five years, waiting .......
The new unit is modern ..... my sink is old - yeah!      Doesn't fit!      Great!
So in came the old unit TEMPORARILY.  
While we wait on the new unit, I keep my 'kitchen utensils' in the living room.  Most of my bathroom 'utensils' are in the back office........
..... is it any wonder I spend a lot of time in my craft room!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info