Sunday 30 June 2013

Further tales of a 'space boot'

PJ is managing very well to get around but is still in pain, I think he will soon have tablets coming out of his ears!!

We did attend the Open Day at Tyseley but it was a complete washout for me......... I was so wet I had to come home but PJ and his Scouting friend stayed all day.  The visiting engine was so small I missed it parked up at the entrance!!  I am not deriding it, I was expecting a 'grown up' engine like all ours (not being technically minded I should be excused!!).

We have missed a few films due to the accident and the old PC is still playing up.  I bought a larger external hard drive and lost a lot of files during the transfer - I think this little lady was a bit put out!!!  I struggle on though, until we can save enough money for a new one and then ..........

We saw Superman......... sorry.......... Man of Steele this week.
 
We travelled in by bus, different route which was a bit easier for the 'boot man'.  We arrived early so stopped at Greggs for a coffee and cake - didn't know they sold coffee, so we tried it and it's great.  We sat out in the sunshine to eat and still had time to spare so had a wonder round.  I picked up a couple of books from a charity shop and then we went into the cinema.
We thoroughly enjoyed the film, me cos it was still in the 'Superman Tradition' - lots of flying around in and out and through buildings, too fast to keep up!  Never been one for the 'Superman Tradition' PJ didn't know what to expect but he enjoyed it as well.  The story line was setting the scene (once again!) so I am hoping that there will be more from this set up.  Russell Crowe and Kevin Costner added some 'names' to the film but between the man and his enemy there was plenty of eye candy.  The girls weren't bad either!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info