Friday 28 August 2015

Time continues to march on ......

Considering the fact that I am retired, it would appear that time is not my friend.  It races all over me!!!
I noticed that I was becoming very 'tunnel brained' when I was at work, but thought it was the stress of the job.  I can concentrate on the job in hand and forget anything else I am supposed to do.
I have been aware that this has not gone away since I retired as I am tending to 'forget' lots of things, phonecalls, letters, information etc.
This is not something I worry about, well, maybe just a bit, but try to get round by making lists etc but  .... one has to remember to look at the lists!
At the moment I am telling myself to do these things but then I get 'distracted' and it is bedtime before I know it and I haven't done the remembered things.  
What can I do?  Nothing seems to work .....
Put an alarm on my phone ..... doesn't work!
Keep to a project a day.......... doesn't work!!
If I could make telephone calls 24hours seven days a week I would be alright .... I think.
So here I am, thinking maybe this way, through my blog,  I can say sorry.

Sorry  I have not phoned you to thank you for your card and ask how you are.
Sorry I have not phoned you to tell you our news and catch up with yours.
Sorry I have not phoned you to arrange a meet up for coffee.
Sorry I have not popped round with a pressie for the new baby.
And the list goes on ......

Sorry, sorry, sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info