Saturday 6 October 2012

No Hardanger Day

I have set aside a day for that so ...................

I spent yesterday making bags.      YES!!      I KNOW!!!      JUST BOUGHT ONE!!!!

This is different.............  I shall be going to Scotland again soon and I need a small bag to put my sewing in. 
So I had the idea to make one (or two) using some of my material stash from Africa.  So here they are:-
This one is large enough to take
my 12" hoop plus

This one is small enough to take
the squares I make for Q4BC group.
I made the large one first and then thought that I should've used the embroidered front so I made a smaller one which has silver (!!) embroidery down the middle.  Both bags are self lined which means that the smaller bag has a pocket behind the opening in the embroidery. 
Speaking of pockets ............. I have a lot of trouble finding my phone in my RED bag so I made a couple of pockets for it. 
Two plain pockets made from
the actual pockets on the
top.

Using the original pocket gives
me a double layer pocket - clever!!!

One to be stitched inside the front zip pocket and one to be stitched inside opposite the deeeeeep zipped one. (wish I could turn that photo round but I can't - Note to self: - take photos landscape ONLY in future!!!)







I amaze myself at times (in a humble way) - do not ask where I get these ideas from, I really don't know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info