Monday 1 October 2012

Silver Bells


Yes!!!! We made it!!!! 
God gave me a Scripture back in 1986, and unbeknown to me, God also gave a Scripture to PJ.  So eventually, in obedience to God and against my wishes, we were married on 1st October 1987.  
 I say against my wishes as I had already been married twice and did not (ever) want to commit my life to another bloke, but you know how it is when God speaks ................

So I liked the guy, so I had known him for yeeeaaars, so he cared (loved) me, I DID NOT WANT TO GET MARRIED AGAIN!  but God said .................
and so a beautiful wedding ceremony, small and intimate with very close family present, took place in Solihull.
and here we are 25 - can you believe it!!! - 25 REALLY!?!? - years down the road and still together and so much in love.  I didn't know what lay ahead of me but  ................ God did.

We have been through the by-ways and high ways of places I didn't know existed, I have done things I never knew I could, I have spent fortunes in various places and enjoyed every minute - no - I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute.   Although ..     ....... there were times when I prayed in desperation ......................
times like when we were travelling down mountains in a 38tonne truck and told there were no brakes on the trailer ..................... times when we parked over a gorge (don't look down!!) in order for PJ to deliver .................... times when I have been exhausted by the heat and PJ encouraged by saying "it's just round the corner" ............................. times when we where holed up in some unknown place and men with guns menacing us .................... oh! yes!
Maybe it's a very good job that God knew what lay ahead cos if I had known  ..................!!!!

So today we have been out into town, spending money  - what else?!!!  retail therapy.... come on here!  - and then out for a gorgeous meal........... 

Rocket leaves, orange slices,
Avocado slices, Melon,
Pomegranate seeds, Mango slices,
Delicious!!!!!
View from secluded corner
 of room

Starter of Crab & Calamari followed by this gorgeous Salad with Salmon and for sweet - a slice of Pineapple with Mango sorbet .  PJ had Pancetta Hash (looked like an egg and bacon sandwich done posh!)          followed by Pork ribs and for sweet - Apple Crumble.
The inevitable bottle of wine, coffee and altogether lovely nite!!

How I love that man and I thank God every day for putting us together!!!




The Cock Inn at Wishaw
!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info