Tuesday 17 September 2013

Strawberry Jelly meets 21st Century

We decided some time ago to have some jelly and cream for pudding and today was the day.



  It has poured with rain all day so I picked up the lovely red packet and proceeded to 'make the jelly'.

Not having made one for a long, long time as I started to break up the squares into a bowl,  I thought I would check the instructions while I waited for the kettle to boil.

1  For best results place the jelly cubes in a microwavable jug, add 100ml water and heat for approx. 1 minute (based etc. etc.)
2  Stir until completely dissolved and then make up to 570ml (1pt) with COLD water.
3  Pour into a mould or serving dishes and refrigerate to set.
Alternatively - place jelly cubes in a jug.  Add boiling water up to 285ml mark, stir until dissolved.  Make up to 570ml (1pt) with cold water.  Refrigerate until set.

I have never thought of using a microwave to assist in the making of a jelly!!!!

I remember when jelly was a Sunday treat and the jelly was always made last thing on Saturday night and then left in the pantry overnight until Sunday tea.  We always used the second method of making and very rarely had any problems.......... usually in the Summer when the pantry floor was not really cool enough.

Our jelly today was delicious, pity the fruit and cream were used earlier in the month for tea - the cream just wouldn't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info