Sunday 14 August 2016

Blankets almost ready to go

I like nothing more than seeing a nice line of washing blowing in the wind.....



...this is a precious lineful.


I have washed them all in baby powder and softener but there is nothing like the smell of fresh air.

I will pack them up with a little note later today ready to be taken to our local neonatal unit.

I say a little prayer over each blanket before I pack them, they will be used at a traumatic time so extra prayer is good.


I have made these blankets slightly different to my previous ones, I have used the size to try out stitches and patterns which I have found on the web ..... ok, Pinterest!
Some of the blankets have more than their fair share of wool remnants, some are brightly coloured .... variety is the spice of life 'they' say.  
The various wools mean that the blankets make different sizes but when I checked with the Ward the answer was .... babies come in all sizes....
Each blanket starts with 50chain, some are square, some are oblong, it is all dictated by the wool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info