Thursday 4 August 2016

Update in August .... Tyseley Visitors' Garden

Don't ask me where the time is going!!  

I haven't been able to come here and Blog although I have been taking photos with the thought to Blog.

I have been into the Visitor's Garden today to tidy up a bit ..... try to help some of the plants recover, tidy up a few hedges and pick a few flowers from the centre bed.






The senecio each side of the entrance have finished flowering so I have cut them right back.  I usually just dead head and trim but with Heritage Weekend coming up I need access!











We are hoping to build a new base to the right so I cut back the Yew, a good cut back was applied again.










Under the Beech tree, the Cottoneaster bush has grown well out of shape so that had a hair cut, nice straight sides and flat across the top!







The 'window boxes' in the Signal Box Garden are really sad, not as sad as I found them last time.  I went into the gardens during the really hot weather, watering as much as I could, the plants were beyond saving.... or so I thought.  The Helichrysum have definitely died but the Pinks and Bacopa are enjoying themselves ..... and the heat.


The Berberis 'Wheel' was also given a hair cut and was soon utilised as a useful shelf for tools being used on the nearby workmate!




While PJ was  clearing the rest of the bushes from the sleepers he found a very interesting creature.  I took some photos and then it was introduced to a new Buddlia bush where it was able to have plenty of food!  



When I came home I checked it out on the web and found it was a Rusty Tussock Moth - what a great name for a weird insect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info