Thursday 22 March 2012

Thoroughly Thoughtful Thursday ..

I have so much to say but cannot seem to get organised. 
I have stopped the training for the Captioning as I realised it was going to take over my life.  The grass is always greener in another man's field and I really did want to do it but my vision of the job was not what was involved.  I am quite happy working with my blogs and with my groups on the web, and this week in particular, I am very happy working in the garden - well ......... anyone's garden!  Just that there isn't the time, when the weather's good enough we are usually doing something else.
I have today joined a forum to try to gain more photos to illustrate my memories ...... like this one ...........
Now this is an old picture of the Beaufort Cinema at the 'Fox & Goose', but it hadn't changed much when I went there in the 50's.  I can only remember going on one occasion, taken by my sister.  We went to see Phantom of the Opera, I am sure it was in black and white as were most of the films in those days.
  IT TERRIFIED THE LIFE OUT OF ME!!!
I think I was alright up until he took off his mask - I had my hands over my eyes by then although my sister thought it was funny ....... remembering she was 11 years older than me.  We came home on the bus and talked about it and she had calmed me down by the time we arrived home.  I had nightmares for years afterwards!!!!!  When travelling along that road I always look across and breathe a sigh of relief that it is now a shopping centre.  I would never go there, and when we did go to the shops, it was with a great deal of trepidation.  Unfortunately the long reaching effect is that I have never seen the wonderful musical that Phantom has now become, just the thought of going gives me 'butterflies in my tummy'!
Not all memories are good even tho' they are softened by time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info