Thursday 1 March 2012

What do I know???!!!

I know that the sun is shining and I am stuck trying to get a computer and printer to DO SOMETHING!!!
I have ventured outside, I sat drinking my coffee and thinking how much needs doing in the garden.  The little crocuses have their faces turned to the sunshine and look so happy.  Thank you Lord for this lovely day.
I have been unaware of one of my swaps on my Card Group and I have had to download instructions and get started.  Praise God it all went smoothly (unlike my PC and Printer!) thanks to some ribbons from Nadine and old papers of mine.
I have also scanned in some other certificates and stuff to do with the original idea of this blog ........ sigh.
The good news is that I have had a response to my request for info about Great Aunt so it looks as though I could be getting some help ............ I am not holding my breath but it would be nice.

Memories:
Mam, Ena and I went to Clacton long ago and I have been looking at the photos from then, I guess I would have been about 9years old.  My sister has always been my idol and, looking at these photos ........... we must have been a big disappointment to her!!  lol

Here she is posing beside a Ford Zephyr, she loved this make of car and said one day she would get one.  Her dress is magenta green, golden yellow and mauve stripes on a grey/mauve background.    I can't remember what Mam and I were wearing!!

I don't know whether I persauded Ena to lend me the hat but it is certainly too big for me and looks much better on her!!!

 We did not have many fine days when we were there, they were windy and quite chilly.   In those days if you paid for Bed and Breakfast you could not stay in your room during the day so every day we went for a walk.  I can remember walking along the beach and we walked so far we had to catch a bus back.  The young lad (I thnk his name was Jimmy) that lived at the B & B was about 16 -17 and adored Ena.  They spoke with Cockney accents and he used to call her Eeeenn.  She used to get really angry with him saying there were only two syllables in her name and would he please use them both - he never learnt.



Every morning as we walked down to the beach a coach trip salesman used to try and persuade us to go on a trip and there was much banter between Mam, Ena and him.  One day the weather was so bad we went to the pictures to see the 'King and I' and I felt so grown up as I never went to 'grown up' films - it just never happened at home.
Came the Friday Mam decided that was the day we would take the salesman up on his offer of a day trip out.  Tickets were bought, we climbed on the coach along with some others and off we went.  Where?  I do not know ............ I remember the banter every morning and I remember him being the driver but where we went ........................









Special times ................ wonder where Dad was?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info