Saturday 3 March 2012

What am I?

I must be clever to get into a training group ........................ I must be stupid staying up till 05.00hrs researching family history!!!! 
I have now found the Army Discharge papers for my Grandad Holland (Joseph Holland) which shows he was in India and received an Afgahn Medal .... ???? ......seems we were at war in the 1800s - no change there then.  I have a detailed report on Wynberg Camp where he was stationed - shocking conditions, if Matilda was there it's a wonder any children survived but then think 'Sharpe'.  PJ continues on his hunt - he has achieved several generations and it looks like he's half a yamyam!!  We have managed to fit in a trip to Eastbourne and hope to visit Cousin Marie - all good fun.  Random??  We're masters at it!!
I have joined a Forum to try to trace Great Aunt on the Titanic and Mary E has found out that Nanna was the fifth child of eleven - never knew that.  I am now trying to trace the picture on their marraige certificate - I always thought it was the Baptist Church on the corner of Palmerston Road/Stratford Road as Great Grandad had an Ironmongers at 89 Stratford Road and Mam was a Baptist but comparing pictures I am thinking maybe not ............ another road to wander down. So here are my piccies for today:-

Christ Church, Sparkbrook

Mam with Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info