Saturday 26 January 2013

Snow, snow ...........

At first snow is good, we all stop what we are doing to watch the magic of snow.  Then we go out in it and it is wonderful - unless you are not prepared and still wearing high heeled sandals and flimsy clothes!!  


When the sun comes out, or under the street lights at night,  everything sparkles as though there is a layer of sequins or diamonds splashed about on top.  Still magical even with the black line that is a road cutting through it all.




But when the snow becomes a blizzard ................





and starts to cover everything with inches of the white stuff ...........



then it is no longer nice.....pretty.........soft............lovely.  
It becomes too deep.  


Now I know there are others in the world who go up down to -49C but they are USED to it, we are not........ every one in the UK will agree with that one!!

We have poor animals ....... 



stupid yes! but it's still a shame.........

They feel the need to go.........



Then there are (in my opinion) the very stupid who should know better!! 


 I ask you!  

look at that!!      (in the red circle)

 it's a shame that at 75years old ish he should feel the need to do this........
in a blizzarding snow!




So here we are  - left with this.......... bearing in mind I am viewing it from the house, I don't go out in it ....... I might fall and I can do without that thank you very much!!  

So I view the snow and the animals and the STUPID people............... 



and my poor garden whose bordering fence has almost disappeared,







 whose plant pots have hats while everything else gets buried.




whose tree is decorated with snow yet in a few months will bear racemes of yellow blossoms


whose bird bath stands frozen............
 because although we traipse up the garden to fill the food hangers(tucked in the bushes at the very bottom of the garden),  we cannot unfreeze the bath.............. we place small containers of water hanging from the bushes alongside the food, in the hope it won't freeze.




I only take these photos so that I can look at them in the summer heat and remember............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info