Saturday 4 July 2015

Black Currants

Early one morning I went out early and picked all the Black Currants from our bushes.
  
This is their second year in our garden and the first year in their row next to the Raspberries.  

There were quite a few alterations made to the garden when it was decided that 'we' needed a second greenhouse but hopefully the green house will find a new home before next spring and the bushes will be pruned and planted in a permanent place.


If you can see the red square in the photo you can see that the raspberries have yet to be planted in their rows .......


I have about two and a half pounds of prepared black currants ready to be 'topped and tailed'.  Once I have patiently done this - hopefully while watching tv - I shall transform them into jam.

After yesterday's post I can only assume that will be early one morning!!  It is not jam making weather but soft fruit does not keep so although the bowl is in the fridge, I know that time is of the essence.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info