Friday 3 July 2015

Summer Heat

I am posting this just so that I can look back when we are in the middle of Winter!!!
I am a temperate girl - anywhere with the temperature between 14C to 20C and I am happy!  These summer temperatures are fine for drying washing and working outside in the shade, unfortunately they are not good for me!   I try not to go out in these temperatures and have been inside the house for five days, which means that I can catch up on a lot of my crafting and PC work, but enough is enough!  My sister would have loved these days, sitting out and 'browning' off her well lotioned body but me .......... I am a winter baby and need to be doing things, enjoying my life and getting out and about!!
I have still to finish my plant pots for the railway but this heat is tiring me out, and because I am so tensed up about it, I am in a lot of pain.  My mother lived with this pain all my life and was continually frustrated by the fact that she had to rest more than she worked.  I helped where I could but not for once did I suspect how it nagged and gnawed away at her, making her tired and irritable.  She tried all medications so I know that it is only resting that eases it, but it seems such a shame to waste the end days doing nothing!
So I am working on my PC (with cool fan going), and in my craft room so that I am near to my bed and can rest.  I am moaning - I have been told in no uncertain terms - but it would appear that this is the only relief I can get!!!
I thought that it would be cooler today after the cold rain we had yesterday - I was out in it, dancing and praising God - but today I am moaning!!!
I blame the fact that I live in England which has always been a temperate country and, because now that the gardens are being paved and the oxygen removed, we are suffering this great temperature change.  
I wish there could be a law that says we must keep our gardens and plant as much greenery as we can so that we raise the oxygen levels over this country, but big business will be blamed and no-one will notice that we have a lot more 'car parks' then gardens........  see moaning again!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info