Monday 16 April 2012

Back to the memories ............

Maintaining this blog gets very difficult if I miss a few days .......... I lose the thread as it were.............
Visiting Scotland has reminded me of Maureen and John - see February 15 posting.
We haven't managed to get any more family research since we came back but I have been thinking about my Grandad French.  I have managed to trace his father, who was a servant at sixteen and a stonemason later in life, although I haven't managed to trace either his death or my grandfather's life.  I know so much about grandad but am unable to confirm it yet. 
With the Titanic hitting the news so much, it is so frustrating as I cannot confirm as yet whether it was my mother's aunt or great aunt who sailed, it would seem I am stuck with only being able to think about them all.
I cannot see me getting any time for research until at least Wednesday but no doubt I shall forget and go wandering off into something else.  Like cards .............  I have made all my swaps for this month featuring St George's day - April 23rd for non-English peeps!! lol





This one is possibly my favourite - the flag and the red rose - we should be waving one and wearing the other but my roses are still in bud!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info