Wednesday 28 November 2012

Instant response - almost - well, as close as can be!

Yesterday was road cleaning day - gutters actually.  Now we have two drains outside our house and the gutter cleaning is not always done well or even done!!  
Remember the flood?

I watched the Cleaning Truck travel by, cleaning on the other side of the road and away up the hill.  
Not long afterwards I heard him coming back and went to the window.  This was more out of curiosity than anything as I was busy sorting out my craft room - yes! still sorting........... tidying is how I like to refer to it now!
Down towards the junction he came, slowly along the gutter towards the houses and then ........ and then ........... he put his foot down and sped up the hill and away!!
I was flabbergasted!
Last week he did the same thing and I presumed he was out of driving hours or whatever.  
TWO WEEKS IN A ROW! 
Never!
I grabbed my camera, went outside and recorded what we were left with.  The road looked a mess.  Leaves from all the rain and traffic were strewn about, it was disgusting.




These are my drains .......... can you see them?


I won't bore you with the details, suffice it to say that I was soooo angry!  very, very angry!!!  

When I lose my temper, which is very rare nowadays, I am not a nice person,
That is fact.
So I found the Council website and wrote them a complaint letter.  
I was polite........... just.  In fact, I wrote the letter three times so that it WAS polite .......... just! Pressed the send button and waited for the response.  
An automated reply came back to say that my complaint would be dealt with by 4th December - one weeks time (when the gutter was due to be cleaned anyhow!)

Today we have had two, yes! two trucks outside.  One truck had four men who have cleared up all the leaves in the gutter, on the grass verge and on the pavement.  Excellent!
The second truck was a pavement cleaner and he cleaned the gutter as well!  
I shall write and let the Council know what a good job has been done ............. our side of the road is as good as the other one now.

BTW - did I tell you that I reminded them, in no uncertain terms, that we pay the same Council Tax as the other side of the road!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info