Friday 16 November 2012

Steam Trains Rule!

PJ is in Crewe as we speak and I will be there tomorrow.  We will then continue to Carlisle.  After four or so hours we will return to Tyseley.

Sounds idyllic ....................... not!!

PJ has travelled on 6201 (Princess Elizabeth) and this steam engine will then pull the carriages to Carlisle and back, but he is on the support coach and at every stop will be watering, oiling and checking the engine generally with the rest of his cronies.  Isn't he the lucky one!!!

I am travelling in the 'plebs' coaches with the Prickly Green crew while N is stewarding on another coach. 
 In the Premier Dining Coach will be our friends from Oban, they managed to get the last two tickets .............................. I shall take sandwiches and a carton of juice!!!

And

I get to start my day at 05.00hrs   ................................................... I shall be collected at 05.30hrs.

nuff said!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info