Monday 12 November 2012

Working in the background

Another day of rain .........

I am having lots of some trouble now with Blogger - my blog host.  The default font is some weird one so every time I post I have to change the font, also my pictures will still not line up or stay put.  As a record of my times, and due to the fact I like things to be organised, I am having a trying time.  May I also add that I don't think my PC helps!!! lol

 I could do with a new PC (or laptop), maybe that would help - should I join the Lottery?

There are several requests lately on my Quilts for Breast Cancer group so I have sorted my designs and materials and now I have one square per month to stitch.

I have these squares finished for Jill C, she enjoys sports and follows two football teams - State Universities - so these two are ready to post at the end of the month.










I don't know which I enjoy more -  the research for the design, or the making up of the 'kit', or the actual stitching!!!
I downloaded a simple cross stitch program from one of my groups and when I used it to translate the pictures above, I was well satified with the cross stitch pattern.  It took some time to find a photo of the Gators helmet facing to the left, I had already stitched the Hawks one so that limited me.  
I have stitched the two as there were not enough stitchers (we need nine squares for each quilt) and I enjoyed the challenge.

I am already stitching December's square but that doesn't mean I am staying on top of things ... oh! no!  I don't have any Christmas cards made yet, most of the components yes but actual cards .........nope.

I still want to find a bit more information about my maternal Grandfather - need to write to my cousin in Scotland to see if he has any stories and contact his regiment.

I also want to make up some Christmas packages of card making materials from the stash to send out.

Shall I go on?

And it is raining ............ maybe I will go make some cards!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info