Friday 14 December 2012

Christmas is coming ............... 2

Never having been to the Women's Hospital since the new ENORMOUS building has been opened, going there has been an adventure ........ and a half.

We caught the bus in town, the driver telling us he went to the Women's Hospital.
This is where we ended up - if you look carefully you can see a bus at the stop!

Definitely NOT the Women's!!!!  I am looking for the tiny red building peeping out on the right hand side of the picture ...................
This one!!!

So I was early?!?!?  only half an hour but I didn't know how long it would take to get there so allowed plenty of time.  We had finished our shopping and arrived at the cafe


 for a cake and coffee  but as we were soooo early we had lunch. 
 Chicken with lime&mustard with couscous - PJ had Rice - delicious!!!

but anyway back to the Hospital ..........
Super staff called me through, mashed the boobs - gently! -  and I was out in 20mins ....... howzat for service?
I noticed some photos displayed that showed someone else had been here in June .....

Opening a ward I hope  ..... not visiting!!!


Outside of the building there is a statue, as we were walking back to the bus stop we could only see it from the back and, with the bitter wind blowing around, I did not want to waste time looking at the front.  We made some comments as to what the lady was doing and had a laugh ............. 



google shows the front ..........


                             aaah! she's holding a baby!!!!





So back to the bus stop and join the queue.  This is where it gets difficult .......
there are two bus stops - one to go to town and one to go to Halesowen for both 98 and 99.  We joined the queue to go to town ....... simples.......... not.
When the bus arrived it said - Birmingham via Northfield - now we did not want Northfield.  No-one moved so I went to the driver and asked him if he was going to B'ham ........ "no I am going to B'ham via Northfield........... so you go through Northfield first? yes"  No-one wanted that so I told him in that case he needed to stop at the other stop.  You can imagine how this conversation was continued by others as well by now and then PJ said "Do      you        go      to Birmingham?   He said yes!!!
We all piled on, some of us against our will as when I remonstrated with him he denied having the previous conversation so you can see how the wife was not very happy!!!
He drove straight into town ..... not through Northfield ............ straight into town.  Words fail me!!








1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog! I'll have to touch base with you the next time we are coming to Birmingham to watch ballet. The trip last week was simply wonderful.

    My husband and I have ridden the bus in Birmingham too (I think it was the 87, Dudley to Birmingham ... through Smethwick where our son lives) We were confused some of the time too. We thought it was simply a matter of not understanding the accents correctly! LOL!

    Merry, merry Christmas!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info