Monday 31 December 2012

Time to take the decs down .........

Yes!  I know it is not Twelfth Night but by the time all the decs are down and put away it will be Twelfth Night!!!  I am retired - read slow!  I shall leave the tree till last and no doubt it will take as long to undress as it did to dress ......sad in a way.

The first time we went out to Africa I came home to a commercial Christmas that I could not comprehend.  So many lights and people going around like headless chickens whereas this had not reached the Nigerians properly.  Well, I suppose it had but the struggle to survive overtook the desire to celebrate, this date passed almost quietly, no extra services here and definitely no present swapping.  I have now overcome this ........ I live in England and my lifestyle is so very different.  I have tried to explain but they cannot understand, we are two different cultures, two different ways of life.  No matter how poor I am I can never be as poor as they, but saying that - I will never look down on them as their rich do ......... The Bible says that 'there will always be poor' but it doesn't tell us to ignore them, belittle them but to love them for 'all men are equal in the sight of God'.

So my Christmas is full of lights, trees and decorations ..............

which must come down now and be put away until next year .............

then the house must be cleared up, all the boxes, packages back in the loft.  The windows cleaned to remove all the suction pad marks left by the decs, the fireplace to hold a fire instead of a village!!  

and then I shall sit in my lovely clean house and sing in the New Year.

May 2013 bring you, my readers,  good health, contentment, much friendship, laughter and joy.  May the Good Lord watch over each and every one of you as you go about living your life - even if you don't believe ....... I pray God's blessings on your life.
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info