Tuesday 11 December 2012

Christmas is coming ..........................

All my Christmas snail mail cards are made and will catch today's post, it has been very busy.  I shall make them all earlier next year - yeah! - joining a card challenge so I do!!!

My beautiful Tree is almost finished, I am looking for just the right piece of gold / red tinsel to for the top and then PJ will add the Fairy - 

" Fairy, Fairy on the tree
  Who's been as good
  As good can be?"

I always have a fairy as I grew up with this little poem and ........... so did my children.  One of my awful memories was the year that the fairy told Father Christmas that one child had been very naughty ........... when all the others opened their pressies it was found that not one had been left for the naughty child!

I did give them to her later but I did so want her to realise that being naughty gained her nothing.  Talk about the terrible twos ............. I endured the TERRIBLE TEENS!!! ..... so much worse than the twos!!  I love her dearly but never thought we would survive those years, but we did and now we're best friends so all that suffering was worth it ............ really?!!!!!  I'll take a rain check on that!
An earlier version - 2008 to be exact!
My railway track is laid, hopefully the houses will be added tonight ........... peoples and trees later as I am waiting on a birthday pressie (sooo excited!!!).  Yes! I know what it is, but it has to be wrapped .............
The houses were Chrissie pressies from 2010
The rest of the week is going to be very busy ............. boob mashing day tomorrow - yuck!!!
then the German Christmas Market in town, then the Christmas Market at Earlswood, the meet up of the History Forum on Saturday and then the magical mystery tour on Sunday - no matter what we plan it always seems to end up on these tours (adventures!)
The upside is that I don't get to cook for four days!!!!!
See you later.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info