Thursday 13 December 2012

Knitted Hats

I have been knitting hats for the guys working on 6201,  the wind whips round the railway site and is absolutely freezing at this time of year.  



So far I have made four and I am thinking of stitching the logo on the front of each one.  The hats are as near as I could get in 6201 colours, it had to be a chunky wool and I could not get a plain burgundy so this is the nearest.  I shall stitch the logo in yellow.

We recently went to a meeting which was interesting, again!  The meeting was being held to pass a couple of resolutions so that the 'committee' would be free to negotiate on behalf of the members a deal for 6201's overhaul.  Both resolutions were thrown out and another passed - which meant that one resolution was re worded but meant the same!!! I do try not to laugh!
The disgruntled crew were there again and bringing up all their grievances from the past .......... they are like old ladies knitting at the guillotine!!!  I know where they are coming from but they really do themselves no good at all, just look more ridiculous as their complaints turn nasty and personal so that what they are saying loses its relevance.

I confirmed that it is alright for me to continue to sort out materials in order to make a cross stitch package which could be sold towards funds.  JM gave me the go ahead so I have until next September to find the correct photo, change to a chart, sort the threads, buy the material and place in a cello bag............... oops! I gave all the cello bags away to Leigh!      Heigh! Ho!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info