Friday 15 February 2013

Apple Tree and bushes

The Doctor says I'm fine and to slowly start getting back to speed again......... that's a tonic in itself!

So we came home, donned gardening boots and up the garden we went.  We washed and refilled the bird feeders and PJ rearranged them.

While he did that I started pruning the apple tree.  It hasn't been done for a couple of years and, as anyone who knows me, I can't stand having the bushes and trees too tall to reach.  I am short enough so they can't grow taller than me, well maybe a foot but THAT'S IT!  

So the apple tree (just in front of the straw) is now a short fat tree with green socks on.  lol
I know it is a funny shape but there are three kinds of apple on that trunk, Cox's Orange Pippin, Golden Delicious and Blenheim Orange.  Thankfully PJ only likes the Golden Delicious which I am not keen on so all the apples get eaten!

I also managed to prune a few bushes down the side, PJ moving into the greenhouse and clearing that out.  



It is now having a Sulphur Bomb soaking so that all the bugs and fungus dies.  Last year's tomato crop was real bad, we know everybody else also had a bad crop, but we want to try and make sure that this year is better.  The greenhouse is filled with the foul smelling smoke, but it can only be good........... can't it?






I have found a piece of knitting I started many years ago, it is beginning to worry me that I can't remember who for, but as the wool, needles and pattern are altogether in the bag .............. where the finished pram quilt is I do not know!!  ho! ho!  

Time for a barbie methinks .... PJ's little face lit up when I happened to mention that ....... just hope it doesn't rain, not that that will stop him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info