Sunday 17 February 2013

Tatting

A long time ago - about five years - I joined Circle of Crafters, I do not remember how I found them but they were a small group and we all quickly became friends.  The site was hacked and was then changed to another company but the basic people remained along with a host of new members, some like me found it rather large now.

Among the original members was a girl who did tatting.




She produced some wonderful work and it was fascinating to see, although she insisted it was very easy.

Her work was similar to this.







Off I went and bought a kit and tried it out................ forgot I was lefthanded and instructions are usually for righthanded people!!!




After some months I gave up struggling and managed to contact a group here in Birmingham,

arranging to meet up with a member in the Main Library.  They were a nice couple and he showed me how to tatt, I tried it

and eventually managed to do a bit so everyone was happy.





When I came home I picked up my work to continue but do you think I could remember how to do it?  No way!  I struggled and struggled and in the end gave up.

I have now found this fantastic site - Tatted Treasures - which I wish had seen then ................

too late now as my shuttle went to the charity shop along with the books and threads.......


but then again ...........





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info