Wednesday 6 February 2013

MIA but possibly not anymore

Sorry I haven't been posting.  I have had a new aquisition (N's laptop is back with me) that didn't really work properly, well it worked and was adequate but ................. it couldn't access the internet.  Not good for those who know me!!!

I have been busy though, trying to make it access the web .......... taking it into repair shop who found nothing wrong with it!  Trying to access the internet and now, it will access the internet but..... only if I switch the router off then on again!!  Don't ask me - man made - so hopefully I can now surf away to my hearts content, once I have transferred all my pictures etc. to my external - anybody got a spare external hard drive to give me?  he! he!

I have managed to finish one more square and started another - trying to keep ahead.........Nah! not really, got fed up of knitting my Aran cardigan.  
The story is this:- when I was first married to PJ I knitted him this gorgeous Aran jumper, which turned out a tadge too big (fits him now!) but he didn't say anything and added it to his jumper box  - we were only married a couple of years.  I always wanted to knit myself one so about three years ago, N bought me the wool and needles for my Christmas or birthday pressie.  Must of been Christmas................ as I remember starting it and wanting to finish it for the next winter.  So I decided to do a zip-up cardigan (no need to knit those interminably long thin bands for the button and buttonholes, clever thinking eh!!)
I finished the Back two weeks ago, can I just say the pattern instructions must be wrong cos it's not the same as the picture.......
So I started the Left Front, while I was watching Time Team searching for the sites of Henry Tudor's castles (King Henry VIII) did you know he had 55 castles in his lifetime?  I continued knitting - and following the pattern - while I watched 'The Last Samurai' a film I really enjoy - and, to be frank, I unpicked and knitted that many times I gave up, put it away and painted a few digis for my cards.
Those finished I then started another square.
And ..................
Here's another thing I have learnt - medical science has not stood still while I have been away.
I went for my ECG last Monday, once the wires were attached, press a few buttons and 30 seconds later  - all done.  I queried whether all the information would be there but the Nurse assured me it was.  
Last time I had this test (20 odd years ago) it took a couple of hours.  Mind you, I was in A&E (ER to our friends in the USA) and they did have a life threatening case come into the next cubicle.  Nothing was wrong with me but I always say that prayer was needed for that patient and I had nothing to do but pray for them.  So I did.  Two hours but they survived.
I think I'll go and make a few cards..............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info