Sunday 3 March 2013

Busy, Busy ................................ATC

That's a good title for a post, doncha think?

Maybe a bit cryptic?

nah! this is me...........

I am busy organising my craft room ..... yes! still!
I am busy making cards and entering Challenges
I am busy trying to get my PC to DO AS IT'S TOLD!!

AND.......

and........

I am researching how to make ATCs.  This is a craft form that I have long tried to avoid, I can collect enough stuff on my own without going down another road, thank you very much!  The problem being that my WOYWWers are -
1 - having a get together in June - I can't go as 'the boys' are meeting up for their first meeting.
2 - having an ATC swap - which I think I ought to join as I can't do number 1.

Simples

Artist Trading Cards (ATC) are small works of art - they are - it's official - doesn't matter where you go on the web...... small works of art.

W h e n you've finished laughing at the thought of me producing a work of art of any kind .......... I am going to have a go at this.  I may not be good but by golly there will be blood, sweat and tears (maybe not the blood........ hope not the blood!) in this project.  Oh! yes!  I shall produce an ATC - I will,   even if it is only one.   
Then again I just might be good at it ..........go on to join in swaps............. start another Blog called ........'something to do with ATC'

Ever the optimist that's me!  :-)

FYI



In 1996, Vanci Stirnemann cut out a piece of cardboard that was the exact measurement of a playing / sports trading card.  He used this small rectangle as a canvas and created a miniature artwork.  He dubbed his new art form artist trading cards, or ATCs.  He was inspired to create many more, eventually exhibiting them in galleries.  In his manifesto of the form, however, he insisted that the cards should never be sold.  Rather, they should be made with the intent of being swapped, ideally for other artist trading cards, but also for mail art, magazines, embellished envelopes, artist stamps, hand-carved rubber stamps and other ephemera.





Miniature artworks known as artist trading cards (or ATCs) have a few rules attached to them.  They must measure 2.5 by 3.5 inches and they're never sold, only swapped, traded or given as gifts. 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info