Saturday 20 July 2013

2nd day of Birthday in July

PJ has his birthday this month, I used to be envious ........... mine is just before Christmas and gets forgotten in the rush to 25th.
I am no longer envious - this is only the second time I have celebrated his birthday away from home and in the heat - not good.
The arrangement was that we would go to York to see the trains at the museum there.  Six special ones, from around the world and included in this trip was a visit to Haworth (Bronte country).
In the Museum these engines were lined up in a semi circle so that lots and lots and lots and lots of photographs could be taken from lots and lots ...... of angles. 


It was very hot and crowded with adults and children and babies.  It was fairly noisy as well!!  PJ and I separated while taking photos and then met up again and decided to sit a while and try to cool down.

We then went into the actual museum part, but didn't stay there long ........... too hot!!

We crossed into the old station to look at all the Victoriana - including the Queen's coach, decked out as it would have been when she and Albert travelled the country.


It was rather cool here so we sat till almost time to leave and then wandered back.  We will probably come back in cooler times - when the 'visitors' above have gone and the children are at school.  For a free visit it is very good.  This engine greeted us as we entered the Main Hall and I can just imagine the cleaning of those pipes!!!
We travelled on to the Hotel, not five star but clean and the staff were extremely helpful.  Arranged the Happy Birthday Banner across the table and chair, even put three candles on his cake for me!!!  Of course, we all sang Happy Birthday - the whole room - I just wish I had my camera but .......... did I tell you it was very hot!!!  
Oh! and I gave him the second present ........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info