Friday 16 August 2013

Autograph Album part four

And the final part - betcha glad about that!!!


 Its easy enough to be pleasant
When life flows by like a song,
But the man worth while 
Is the one who will smile
When everything goes dead wrong.



Said the shoe to the stocking
I'll make a hole in you
Said the stocking to the shoe
I'll be darned if you do


Another from my 14 years old sister





Tis hard to loose the boy you love
When your mind is full of hope,
But it's harder still to find the towel
When your eyes are full of soap.










 This is signed by M Evans aged 10 - beautiful handwriting

 Always be what you are Ivy
Always be honest and true
If a boy says "I love you"
Say thats just what I want you to do



My Uncle Fred drew this - he discovered he was an artist after he retired, creating some beautiful oil paintings.  He was christened Wilfred and this was a take on Cartoon Characters from the Paper - Pip, Squeak and Wilfred.
The Penguin (Squeak) says: Mind you get over the Bunker Wilfred!
The Dog (Pip) says: Keep you head down Wilf




Doncha just love the sense of humour running through this little book ........ they were in the Art Deco era, think Gatsby (not the richness but the atmosphere) all those bright young things........





 Alas and alack there is no date on this entry by my brother.





There is always a fight to be the last signature in Autograph books and this one is no different!  The original signee (Gladys Pugh) wrote: - By Hook or by Crook 
I will be last in this Book.  




This was overwritten across the corner by my father no less: - The days of chivalry 
Be not Passed, 
Ladies first
Gentlemen Last


 Then along the bottom of the page:- By hill or by quill, I'll be hanged if you will.




And then right in the bottom corner of the inside back cover:-  BEATEN    


So ends my little record of my Mam's book. 


 I grew up looking through this book, loving every page.  I like to think that my Mother, especially  in her later years, often spent many a happy hour reading through it and recalling friends, family and happy times long past.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info