Thursday 29 August 2013

Days passing so quickly now

I seem to lose track of time so quickly now, the days blend one into another - I'm no sooner dragging myself out of bed and it is time to go back.
I will admit that I am extremely busy, note the word extremely........ why? oh! why! didn't I discover the world of ATCs long ago!
Apart from being in the craft room crafting I have been down to the Railway Garden once.  The hot weather affects me greatly and so I tend to stay indoors, coming outside in the evening to have tea and potter about in our garden.
We have had a problem with our pond - rather PJ not me!  it has taken several journeys to our local Aquatics Centre to eventually sort it out.  PJ is still in a lot of pain with his foot and leg so although we have booked up for our days out from PJ's birthday present, we are not sure we will be able to go  :-)
heigh ho!  We have spent a couple of good days with the girls, dining out with C and redefining N's front garden.
I am mostly 'hanging out' with my Blogging fraternity as the children say - my BH forum is discussing the changes being made to our City Centre and one or two other subjects I am interested in.   Like I say busy, busy although there are those that would say - busy doing nothing more like!!
The last few days have been spent trying to sort out Yahoo and its new nonsense.  I am in several groups with them and they in their infinite wisdom have decided to completely change the formats.  Chaos ensues with loads of people leaving various Groups as yahoo picks on certain people to change over........... so some in the Group have this completely different layout and go into panic mode and others have the same old, same old and don't know what the problem is!!!
Mind you, during this time PJ has managed to make something for the house......
A new window for the landing!
May not be much to you but this window was falling out of its frame, the wind whistled in through the gap between the frame and the glass.  But PJ made a new frame, painted it up, removed the glass from the old frame and fitted it into his new one.  It's marvellous!  I love it!
We have not had this window double glazed because it is leaded glass, came with the house (circa 1935) and beautiful.......... besides which it just wouldn't look the same in modern plastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info