Tuesday 13 August 2013

Autograph Album part three






This drawing is signed by R Vincent - my grand Mother's side of the family.




Then to the earthen bowl did I ajourn,
The Secret will of Life to Learn,
And Lip to Lip it murn'rd While you Live,
Drink - for once dead you never can return
From Omar Kayyam......... in 1922!?!?!





Time changes, & we with time
But not in ways of friendship



a full page painted by Nellie





I often used to write this (my name in place) on other people's books.  When we left Grammar School, we all brought our albums in to be signed............. I never kept mine ...........sigh!
Ivy now Ivy forever
French now but not forever




Theres so much good in the worst of us,
And so much bad in the best of us.
It ill betides any of us 
That find fault with rest of us



Leaves may wither
Flowers may die
Friends may forget you
But never shall I



Another detailed painting by R Vincent. 
I shall update these posts when I find out more about these people.







One from my sister, she must have found the book again as she is now 14years old!!!

Some friends came round on Saturday night 
I was in the Bath
My Mother said slip on something quick and be down in a tick 
so I slipped on some soap and was down in a tick

At the Cross
At the Cross
Where the Kaiser lost his Horse (hoss) 
& the Eagle of his helmet blew away
He was eating penny Buns
When he heard the British Guns 
& the Silly little Devil run away.


A song from the World War, which  was over and they didn't know there would be another...........




Another drawing from R Vincent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info