Tuesday 6 August 2013

Autograph Album part two

Here are some more pages from my Mother's Album with two more to come. (I do wish that I could get Blogger to lay these pages out as I type and format them!)


This is the second drawing by the unknown signatory - Babs



True Action is the doing of duty, come of it heartache, defeat, or success.

I wonder if this is my Uncle Charlie, Mam's middle brother who would've been in the Royal Navy at this time.



These two drawings are signed ME - possibly Auntie May England  



Blackboard reads:
Feet to run with - Nose to smell with - Eyes to see with.
Little boy's saying:
Please Miss I'm  made wrong.  It's me nose that runs and me feet that smell. 



These two pages are written by my sister when I was only four months old and PJ wasn't even born - amazing!  She has drawn some pictures and then wrote a poem, on 18th April 1946 - our father's birthday!   He was still a serving soldier so was not at home.  


The poem reads:


Loveliest of Trees the Cherry now
Is hung with blossoms along the bough

And stands about the woodland ride
Wearing white for Eastertide.
Now of my Three score years and Ten
Twenty will not come again
And take from seventy Springs a score
It only leaves me fifty more
And since to look at things in bloom
About the woodland I will go
To see the Cherry hung with snow

Nice and cheerful for an eleven year old!!!

Three Lancashire Rules
Hear all and say now't,
Drink all and pay now't and
If thou does ow't for now't
Do it for thee sen.

Roses Red, Violets blue
Sugar sweet & so are you
& so are they that send you this
When we meet we'll have a kiss 
Maybe not Cousin Maud!!



We cannot change yesterday that is quite clear.
Or begin on tomorrow, before it is here.
So all that remains both for you and for me,
Is to make each day just as sweet as can be






Be good sweet maid
& let who will be clever


Here is a little flower
Which grows in yonder spot
That whispers all I have to say
Which is:- Forget - me - not.

There are the usual Autograph pages with the corner turned down dotted about the book..........
The Cause of Many a Silent Tear ..............lift the flap....Onions
For Women only...........................ain't men nosey.
For Men only.................................ain't girls nosey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info