Saturday 31 October 2015

Mam's Kimono Gown

Similar garment
from the web.


Front view
I love this garment of my Mother's.  

I have always admired it from a young child and now I just love the sight of it.  

I imagine my Mother as a young wife who has travelled half way across the world with her new husband. 

She arrived and settled into her new life with a lot of joy and enthusiasm ....

Embroidery on Fronts

....... and a gorgeous looking husband!!!   

Damage above right

What fun they must've had!

Now this beautiful garment is 'going home'. 





Back view
I think the moths have had a wonderful time with it ..... 

.....or is it just the friction of movement melting the silk? 

I do not know what it is but it is upsetting for me to see ......

Damage to back right


Back view close up

.... what to do?




If you have any suggestions as to how to repair this vintage garment, please let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info