Thursday 29 October 2015

Medals and ribbons

Whilst we were sorting and clearing the house, I found my father's Military Ribbon bar.  I knew that his medals had been willed to my nephew so when I found this ..... it was like finding a treasure!!!

I have been trying to find what sort of medal would have been awarded for each ribbon and it has been very interesting research.  I think I have managed to locate most of the ribbons, General Service, Battle of Britain, Africa Star, Europe Star and Defence.


I have just discovered another 'badge' of which Dad was very proud ...... 

The Badge awarded by the National Blood Transfusion Service for donating 21 pints of blood.

Dad went every six months to give his blood,   I have always presumed that his dedication came out of the things he saw and experienced during WWII.


It made me very sad when I found out that I couldn't give blood, my blood condition doesn't allow it, but at least I have Dad's badge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info