Tuesday 16 April 2013

Boston ........... a very personal post

My heart so goes out to the people of Boston...........
Even now, 50 odd years later, I well remember the bombings here in Birmingham.  
The mindless activity that blew away lives, maimed young people, and for what?  
All these years later and we celebrate that nation, fly their flags, have parades ............... but some victims were only 18 at the time, enjoying life and then .............had to adjust their lives to live without limbs .........  and for what?

My thoughts and prayers are in Boston.


1 comment:

  1. What a terrible thing to happen in beautiful Boston on such a happy event like Marathon. Our children are living in Boston - so I sent a SMS as soon as I listened to the news. But thanks heaven, they have not been near.
    Thank you for stopping by and commenting my knitting. It is fun to knit and you have nothing heavy on the needles.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info