Thursday 18 April 2013

Oblivion - film

What a great day we had yesterday besides it being Orange Wednesday.  We caught up on some shopping, saw the film, had a meal and were still home for eight pm!!


I was really looking forward to seeing Oblivion, not just because of Tom Cruise but it's my sort of film - science fiction.
Both of us enjoyed it although PJ was not really keen on going ........... TC is looking older but still good, think Sean Connery and Richard Gere - looking better as he gets older.

I didn't know Morgan Freeman was in it so that was a shock but made the story seem familiar, if that's possible!  Just think Matrix, Mad Max scenarios, you know - a romping good thought with special effects added.




There were some stunning vistas




Loved this computer, I didn't know what to make of this lady but it is all explained as the story unfolds.



                 This lady is gorgeous.
 I wouldn't mind this library!  Mind you, I don't want the inmates........ but how this all fits into the story I don't quite understand.

But then, of course, this is earth (read USA) so we have to have New York showing up...........
'Fraid all I could think was..... is this how N & T left it after their visit last year?



I really enjoyed it for a bit of escapism, one or two bits didn't quite fit in with the story line (but then again, maybe I missed the explanation!), the views were stunning, and the ending ............... very good!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info