Saturday 3 September 2016

Disc Player now electrified

That's a good title isn't it?
Let me tell you a story ....
I have a portable disc player, it's old but it works - why fix it if it isn't broken is my motto.
After working in my 'Studio' for a week or so, I realise that I only have a radio for company, no tapes or discs to listen to.
PJ came up with the brilliant idea of going to Maplins, show them the disc player and tell them what I want.
Off we went to the shop, a very nice assistant went off with the player, came back with an adapter and then showed me the choice of speakers.  I explained what I needed and asked what he could recommend ....He recommended one and it is red, perfect!
Lovely day, service, price and goods.  Happy lady!!!
We checked everything out when we arrived home, the adapter plug did not work but the speaker works properly - Bruce Springsteen would be on demand again! - but battery only!.

Next morning .... nothing!

Back to the shop I went and guess what?!!! The speaker needed charging - nowhere in the instructions does it mention this and I certainly wasn't told about recharging - so home I come and plug in the speaker to recharge.
After a few hours the speaker is charged and my music is playing!  Bruce Springsteen on demand once again!!!
Love it!
I have this lovely little item now sitting at my side playing away .......
Did I tell you that Maplins is a wonderful shop, the staff certainly know their stuff and they are soooo polite and civilised ... wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info