Saturday 17 September 2016

Visitors to the garden today

Last May we discovered a visitor coming into the garden, a grey squirrel who we promptly named Cyril .... although Cyril did have her young one with her!
Cyril has visited the garden several times a day since then, so much so that I filled a feeder full of peanuts in shells - just lately this feeder has been emptied every day.  We have seen Cyril climbing onto the bird feeder and extracting the peanuts, morning, afternoon and evening thinking she deserved all those peanuts for all the hard work she does.  Well, I did until this afternoon.

I was ir***ng and had one of the French Window doors open so that I could see up the garden .... along came Cyril ....  or was it ...... as she took off down the lawn another  'Cyril' appeared from out of the bushes!

Cyril II tried out the fat balls ......


.... then she tried out the sunflower seeds ......


....... had the cheek to just sit there and feed her face ....

How did I know the difference?  Cyril plants her peanuts in our garden, Cyril II runs down the lawn, climbs the fence to next door and plants her peanuts there!!!
I watched enthralled and then realised I wasn't the only one out there .......

Eventually I had a pile of nice neat flat clothing all ready to go upstairs to be sorted ....... pleasant days are hard to come by at the moment ......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info