Wednesday 8 February 2012

This is NOT Washford Mill!


I decided that I would catch an earlier bus into town to give myself time to go to the opticians before I attended my interview The bus was late, the roads were busy and I was panicking. ..... late for my first meeting never mind the opticians!!!!! I made it with time to spare and it was a very interesting couple of hours culminating in two tests. We shall know the results early next week, would be nice if I did succeed, but I am up against eight others.
So we met together to go to dinner for Catt's birthday - a cosy little pub out in the country, good food and a nice drive. When we arrived there was a sign to say the heating had broken down so we decided to go to another pub that I had visited years ago - The Washford Mill. I remember it as very olde worlde, just outside Wootten Wawen. So we turned left at the junction and I was sooo excited as I had wanted to go back many times. We drove right out into the country, no street lights, no houses, just twisty, turny road, snowy fields and stark, black trees standing threateningly against the tall, grey hedgerows. On we drove, meeting little traffic for several miles, till we decided that there was definitely NO pub down this road! Peter pulled to the side of the road and then "where has all this traffic cone from?" We returned to Wootton and turned into the Bull's Head car park. We had a lovely meal, although mine was a bit too peppery for me, and then we came home. We had hoped to stay at home for the next few days but the cardigan I bought in town is the wrong size so I shall return it tomorrow.
I do so hope that I can sort out my postings here and recall the ' good old days' during the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, it is appreciated ............... especially as these are my own stories ................... it is lovely to know that other people find them interesting.

My online Card Swapping Group:
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CardWorkshop/info